Tuesday

My First Marathon!


Personal reflection after marathon. 

I am really happy to have completed my first marathon together with my brother. People usually say life is like a marathon. I totally agree with this statement. But i have more insights to add to this statement. I had some me time to thought about it, without the distractions from mobile phone and other forms of media. 

In a marathon, we find a running buddy to pace you, to motivate and challenge you. I am lucky to have my brother to be my main source of support. Similarly, in life, we need our own believer to provide us the source of energy and support. Even though you may feel that your support gave you energy, in actual fact you may also be giving energy to your support. There's mutual dependence and reciprocity. You may find that your main support is usually your family or close friends.


On top of the main source of support, we also need little bits of energy from other people. In the marathon context, there are cheer leaders who shout motivational quotes to you, gave you a high five to cheer you on. It gave you a sudden spurt of energy. There are also medics to give you the much awaited muscle rub and muscle relief spray. Some of them are volunteers of the organisation while some are passer bys. They are definitely not someone you know, yet they can give you energy and and assistance you need. But some people choose not to accept their energy by not returning their high five, some do not ask for the muscle relief spray when they are experiencing muscle cramps. In life, they are many people who are willing to help you. The people who can help you may be an aquaintence or someone you have not gotten to know. But it really depends on whether you choose to accept them or seek to ask for their help. 


What i really wanna say is, in life we need support from others. We cannot survive solely on our own. So let's start to become another person's support and start to accept other people's energy. LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree... humans are not created to be alone. As the saying goes... No man is an island, each one is an archipelago ;)